Sunday, August 30, 2009

Merdeka...!!! Merdeka...!!! Merdeka...!!! Merdeka...!!! Merdeka...!!! Merdeka...!!! Merdeka...!!!

I watched the youtube clip of the day Malaya got it's independence. As I see the Malaysian flag being raised and the national anthem being played for the 1st time, my heart felt a a surge of national pride. Those chants of 'Merdeka...!!!', rings in my ears, a song of freedom. I release from forgiven powers, a new path has been opened, a new journey has begun. How we have gone so far, to get to where we are today.

As I watched more Malaysia and Merdeka related clips, I start to think about the future of Malaysia. I start to wonder the decision that I have planned, to go back to Malaysia to serve my country. Is it just a romantic dream, have I been brain washed by 12 years in the Malaysian education system? Or is it some thing that is worth wild going for... Can a kampung boy from a little town of Keningau, be a ripple of hope that is to come to Malaysia? We'll see when the time comes.

It is strange, how, one will only feel such a sense of national pride, when he is out of the country that he is from. It is how, you won't miss something till it's not there. It's the same with being in Malaysia. I have always had a sense of pride to be an 'Anak Malaysia'. But this pride, has a stronger impact when you are away from the country.

As I sit and ponder about this day, I hope that the answer, of to where am I suppose to be in the future, and where am I suppose to serve, will be reveled to me. I want to go home, to serve, but people around me say that there ain't a bright future back there. I see that glimmer of hope.... I want to fan that little flickering flame, to be a roaring furnaces. To burn bright on top of the mount, so that people will see that, Malaysia can do it... 'Malaysia Boleh...!!!'

No comments: